Wednesday, February 25, 2009
One of them asked for Mother's occupation so I started trying to think of an appropriate title to give her. I asked Brad what he would call my Mom... luckily the nurse was still in the room so she could clarify that no, not my Mother, I AM the Mother!!
We got a good chuckle out of it, I think it takes some time before you start to think of yourself as the Mother :)
Monday, February 23, 2009
- Who was your FIRST prom date? BJ Harker. I wore these ridiculous shoes, they had HUGE heels… I would change that if I could.
- Do you still talk to your FIRST love? Not very often.
- What was your 1st alcoholic drink? Never tried it.
- What was your FIRST job? I worked the lunch counter at the Magrath Trading Company. I made burgers, shakes and a pie every week.
- What was your FIRST car? Red, 1980 something Honda Civic. It was a great car with a sun roof.
- Who was the FIRST person to text you today? Since we got married we've downgraded to one cell phone that Brad takes with him. As a result I no longer text and all the people who used to text me have quit.
- Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning? Brad
- Who was your FIRST grade teacher? Does it make me a bad person if I can't remember? I'm sure I'd remember some other time but I'm drawing blank right now.
- Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? Disneyland. My Dad won a trip for 4 to Disneyland so they paid for the other 3 kids and off we went. It was a nice change from the driving we normally did to get there.
- Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? Maybe Alita Tanner? But maybe Michelle Todd. I think Alita and I were friends before Michelle Bevers and I were friends. Michelle Todd and I talk all the time, Alita and I not so much but my Mom gives me updates occasionally. I read Michelle Bevers' blog the few times she actually posts something :)
- Where was your FIRST sleep over? Either Michelle Bevers' or Alita Tanner's. I can't remember but I do remember that Michelle Bevers and I would play Barbies for hours and Alita and my sleepovers usually ended up with one of us wanting to go home because we got in a fight.
- Who was the FIRST person you talked to today? Brad. He was the unfortunate one to have to deal with my grouchiness in having to get up.
- Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? My sister Jennifer's. We held lily's in our bouquet and they smelled like bologna.
- What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? Complain about having to get up. Then hit snooze many, many times.
- What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? Jann Arden. I think I even went alone and I loved it!
- FIRST tattoo? I almost got a tattoo once. I went down to the tattoo parlour, picked one out and went to make an appointment. They wanted a deposit and I didn't have cash so I said I'd go back later. Thank goodness I never did. I think I just wanted a brief moment of rebellion.
- First piercing? I had my ears pierced twice when I was young. The first time they got really infected so we let them grow over, then I got them pierced again.
- First foreign country you've been to? US hardly counts but it was the first, we went to Mexico a couple times when I was young.
- FIRST movie you remember seeing? Not a chance I can remember the first movie I saw, my memory doesn't hold those kind of details. I did love The Little Mermaid though and prided myself on the ridiculous amounts of times I'd seen it. I used to watch it twice a day. First theatre movie I remember seeing was probably Beauty & the Beast.
- When was your FIRST detention? The only detention I ever had was handed out to the whole class. I can't remember what we did wrong but it was in high school and we all thought it was ridiculous.
- What was the first state you lived in? I've never lived in the States and I've only ever lived in Alberta. I almost went to school down in Idaho, changed my mind at the last minute and I've grateful for it.
- Who was your FIRST roommate? Julie Regehr (Lewis) and Meena. It was good times in our little basement suite though Meena mostly avoided us and we were okay with it. We played lots of card games and the thing that still surprises me is how little I ever asked about Julie's boyfriends.
- If you had one wish. What would it be? A trip to Hawaii, tomorrow. I really need a warm vacation. Either that or lots of money.
- What is something you would learn if you had the chance? Photoshop, it does such incredible things.
Friday, February 20, 2009
I was worried my picture would be really lame but this is a good one. This was one of the pictures we took for our wedding invitations. I really wanted some studio pictures, not the standard leaning against a tree and I was so pleased with the way they turned out. Ryan is an awesome photographer.
You can't really tell in this picture but we wanted Brad's tie to be sort of matching to what I was wearing but he didn't have anything close so we borrowed a tie from our friend Bryce.
I like how long my hair was and I'm in the process of attempting to get back to there.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
In the last month and a half I've lost 8 pounds! What's my secret you ask? Well the worst cold of my life didn't hurt but mostly I've just started eating lots of small, healthy snacks and I've probably cut my meals in half, portion wise. I've always known that portion control would be key for me but I've actually followed through on it this time.
Monday, February 16, 2009
I didn't have a long enough curtain rod and I didn't want to buy one so they got nailed up. They look awesome until you notice the left side where I needed about 3 inches more curtain so I had to hang a third panel. I nailed the three inches and the rest is just hanging... they look awesome from outside, really.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Hoping to feel more like myself in a couple of days, maybe there will even be a real blog post.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
I know I love Spicy Hut but it's just not quite right. I know I hate China Rose and Ginger Beef isn't much better, it's a dilemma to be sure. A dilemma that will probably not have a solution for another couple of days… unless I cave.
Oh, deep fried wontons would sure hit the spot!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
They went on a trip to Mexico and came back with some special Mexican vanilla. To be honest from the look of the package I kind of thought they had been duped and it was regular old immitation vanilla but as soon as I opened the bottle I realized I'd been wrong. This vanilla is magic, it makes everything better. The cupcakes I made the other day had something a little special about them and these pancakes were greater than you can imagine.
So thanks Michelle and Neil for the incredible dinner tonight.
I know I should just be grateful that I’m not sick but I slept until noon yesterday and could easily have done the same today. I can barely keep my eyes open and every vacant desk looks perfect for a nap. I've started trying to take naps at lunch time but I'm just such a terrible napper. I get grouchier and grouchier every morning just because I have to get out of bed.
The hardest part is knowing I still have 5 more weeks of this to go…
Looking forward to Saturday.
Monday, February 2, 2009
A couple years ago I finally had to go through the dreaded wisdom tooth removal. The plan was to have my dentist remove all four because they weren't that bad (impacted and stuff) so I go on the designated day and the dentist decides she's uncomfortable removing the bottom two because they're close to nerves. We do the top two, it's awful (like everyone else's) and she refers me to an oral surgeon for the bottom two. There's no real rush to get them out so I of course ignore the referral and put it off.
Jump forward to this past week. My gums on one side have been kind of in rough shape and I've been slightly concerned about what's going on down there, until now. I just discovered that one of my bottom wisdom teeth is starting to come up, only I'm pretty sure there isn't enough room for it. Guess I need to do something about this eh? I'm not so happy.
Thanks for the find Andrew
It worked perfectly! It was fun and easy to carry around and I loved the way the cupcakes looked in it (they were delicious too)!
Great Christmas present Brad, well done!