Brad and I have been becoming more and more concerned. I gave my notice to move out of my place so come the end of the month I was going to be homeless.
Brad has been so good about finding us listings to look at so we’ve gone to see a bunch of places and called about even more.
Here are a few highlights
- The all inclusive $600 basement suite
For $600 dollars you got:
- Satellite tv
- Internet connection
- A bathroom practically in the kitchen
- A “kitchen” with no cupboards or counters
- The all in one, space saving unit... picture it, 2 small burners, a sink directly attached to that and below... any guesses? An oven you say? No silly, it’s obviously a mini fridge. (I tried to find a picture, I wanted you to see it but I couldn't find anything close)
- In the basement suite that smelled like live animals, upon noticing the hot plate and the toaster oven the landlady says, “A toaster oven and a hotplate, the same functionality as a oven. Right, cause I can make a cake in a toaster oven :)
- The tiny, tiny apartment. We walk into the bathroom... wait, there’s no sink? Don’t worry, it’s sunk behind the door, completely invisible when the door’s open, but it’s there.
- The Landlord who refused to let us move in because he wanted a single person. He didn’t want complains about hot water running out, and you know, one single guy is much quieter than a married couple.
- The basement that made me cry. Not quite crappy enough to dismiss immediately.
- The super ugly green shag carpet in our new place that’s getting us a $50 discount
So here’s to our new to us, small but cozy, 1 bedroom, perfectly located, ugly carpet possessing, 4th floor, balcony off the living room apartment.
We’ll have to have you over for dinner (in small groups, I mentioned it’s small right?)