Friday, October 12, 2007

Making Time

Okay so I know the blog has been super boring but I’ve been ridiculously busy these last couple of days.

There are a few things I’ve been meaning to write about. The Jimmy Eat World concert is one of them but it’ll wait, I have videos to add. The mother of a canker sore is another but it’s too gross to write about (thank me for leaving out details). There’s also the really really depressing movie Brad and I watched but it led us to nothing but super sad thoughts so I won’t dwell on that. Look forward to the video of the recorder duet and I have a few pictures coming.

So how about a story...
I went on a blind date once, it’s the only one I’ve ever been on. You hear horror stories about people’s blind dates so I was hesitant but when a friend asked if he could set me up with his other friend I said okay. So Pete (not his real name but since I don’t remember his real name I’ll call him Pete) calls me a couple days later and asks me out for hot chocolate, sounds fine. We go to this cool place in Marda Loop, it’s an old house that’s been turned into a coffee shop, you can choose which room to drink in as there are tables in the old rooms. We chose one with a real tree growing right in the middle, it was cool. If I remember correctly I had white hot chocolate and it was so good. After hot chocolate we decided to go back to my place to watch a movie but when we got there we discovered about 12 people sprawled all over already watching a movie. I was fine to nestle in and find a spot and watch in but it didn’t take long before Pete decided he’d had enough and left.

There was nothing specifically wrong with the date, just awkward. Disappointing that Pete couldn’t take the large group of people. I remember that Pete was tall... and that’s really all I remember. Never heard from him again and that was okay by me.

Here’s to more entries to come in the near future
L

0 comments: