Yay, it’s General Conference Weekend! That’s great for a couple reasons…
- I can sit on my couch in my pajamas and listen, all nice and comfy.
- I get to sleep in both Saturday and Sunday.
- Waffles are planned for Sunday with Jane and Ken, should be a yummy good time.
- I don’t have to teach a Sunbeam lesson on Sunday! Yay!
A few conference memories for you
I have this random memory that maybe my Mom can clear up. My parents went somewhere and so I (we? Were my siblings there? I don’t remember) stayed with the Barnett’s. Why the Barnett’s though? We weren’t particularly close to them… I never stayed with them again, it seems like a random choice. Why not the Todd’s or the Tanner’s? Anyway, so I stayed with the Barnett’s and we went to their Grandmas house to watch Conference and I was so bored! I actually had to watch! My parents weren’t super strict at making me watch Conference. Now I look forward to watching.
Cora and I used to host Pajama General. Those were good times! We’d invite tons of people over and you had to wear your pajamas and bring a waffle topping. We’d all squish in wherever there was room and eat waffles and hashbrowns until we were stuffed. Some favorite toppings include bananas, strawberry yogurt, mangoes and ice cream. Sadly that tradition died out when we no longer wanted to pay for cable.
One year Cora, Nathan, Peter and I road tripped down to conference and Nathan’s mission reunion. That was a great time! Nathan showed up with two girls and we did our very best to make him look good. Some notable events:
- The morning Nathan and Cora woke up grumpier than you can imagine, I tried my best to drive the car without making either of them speak but I don’t really know how to drive a standard. Once on the highway everything was fine and as the morning went by they both cheered up considerably.
- How ridiculously nervous Nathan was going through the border, for no reason.
The amount of food we ate at the Olive Garden.
- The disgusting person we sat beside in the Conference Centre who kept snorting… so gross! I could barely concentrate on the speakers I was so distracted.
So happy conference, I hope it’s relaxing and you learn something new.