Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is a special day, it's the day the very best Mom and Grandma was born.  I thought I'd take the opportunity to share just why she's so wonderful.
  1. She's always willing to have long phone conversations, even when we're talking about nothing some days.  It's rare that more than a couple of days go by without a conversation.
  2. She taught me the importance of people over things.  Spills on couches and messes on carpets all meant nothing because the spiller was more important.
  3. I've often taken for granted the skills she taught me, I didn't know it was rare to be able to make really good gravy and the best cheese sauce.
  4. Someone had to sing the doodily song to Catie and no one does it better than her.
  5. No one looks forward to sleepovers more than Mom does with her grandkids.  I'm excited for Catie to have those memories.
Thanks for always being there for me Mom!
L

0 comments: