Thursday, November 16, 2006

Salt on the Shoulder


So I have this new theory for life

Whatever you decide to do you just have to commit to it.

Let me tell you how this came about (you’ll probably think I’m silly). So I’m making this ice cream pie, and it’s a really good pie. Skor bits, chopped up peanut butter cups and chocolate chunks mixed inside ice cream with a yummy corn flak-y, caramel-y crust. Then on top I drizzle peanut butter and chocolate as the finishing touch. It’s delicious and good looking.

So I’m about to drizzle the chocolate and as I take the spoon full of chocolate from the bowl to the pie to artfully drizzle I chicken out, I hesitate, I get nervous. What do I end up with? A blob of chocolate.

Example #2 – I’m out to dinner with friends and someone knocks over the salt, “What shoulder are you supposed to toss it over?” It’s the left, so she picks up the salt shaker and goes to toss but halfway through changes her mind... salt all over her shoulder.

One more... boys are so different. You take a paperclip; untwist it halfway so it will stand by itself pointing straight up. Take your palm and slam it on the upright paperclip (I know, the girls are thinking “why?”). If you do it with confidence the paper clip crumples. If you chicken out halfway through, the paper clip sticks in your palm.
Where am I going with this? Whatever you’re doing you just have to commit or you’re going to end up with a blob of chocolate, the paperclip will be stuck in your hand and you’ll have salt all over your shoulder. Had I just committed and drizzled with confidence it would have been beautiful, I’ve done it before. The same is true in life, just commit, give it your all and don’t chicken out. If you’re going to do something than you’d better really do it.

There should be no half way in life.
L

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If i could choose I would be the guy who could read thoughts....it would be make life much eaiser and I wouldnt put my foot in my mouth so often. That show is the best. We have a Heros group down here, every Monday at 10!

- Smigelle3