Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Facebook Update

Okay, so I’ve joined the throng of users over at Facebook so I figured I’d share my thoughts

Pros

  • I do enjoy people’s pictures. It’s been fun to see the brand new babies and I’m glad I got to see pictures of Cora’s trip to Brazil.
  • I did save myself one Thank you card by writing on Dan’s wall instead of sending a card.

Cons

  • (I apologize if this one offends but it’s my biggest problem with Facebook and I’m most likely not talking about you) Definition of Friend =
    1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
    2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
    3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
    4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.
    5. (initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.
    If you are none of the above then I’m not going to be super enthusiastic to add you as a “friend”.
  • I’m terrible at Scrabble... Sarah made me prove it in a crushing game. I’m not sure I have the heart to finish. I was going to give you the exact score but I don’t know how to get back, it’s something embarrassing like 190 to 83 but in my defense she is one turn ahead of me.
  • I don’t like having the ability to search for people who were better forgotten. I’m curious so I look but then I wish I hadn’t.
  • So someone writes on my wall, an email gets sent telling me someone wrote on my wall. I check the email then have to go over to Facebook to respond. When I do the other person gets an email... and so on. Would it not be easier to just email each other?

So there it is. I use Facebook, I will continue to use Facebook and I even started to add friends. As a positive gesture I'll try to find more Pros.
L

0 comments: