Friday, May 27, 2011

How Much is Your Face Worth?

I've seen this post floating around lately and I think it's a fun idea.  I use a lot of drugstore products so my amount may not be as high as some but I've never added up how much everything I use in a day costs, so with trepidation, here it comes.



Covergirl trublend foundation - $13
I bought this foundation because they made it really easy to pick a colour, I'm almost out though and I'm thinking of trying a more expensive one next time around.

Undereye Concealer - ??
I have no idea what brand this is or how much it cost.  I've had it for as long as I can remember but I'm sure it was only a couple of bucks.

Annabelle Blush - $5?
Again, I've had this for so long I can't remember when I bought it.  I'm guessing it cost around $5 though.

Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer, Hula Hula - $7 
This is a recent pickup and honestly I'm not sure I love it.  I use it but it's a little too brown for me, I wish there were some pick undertones.

ELF All Over Colour Stick, Lilac Petal - $1
This was a gift but according to the website it's only $1.  I don't use this everyday but it adds the pink that I was looking for in a bronzer.  You definitely have to use a light hand though because this colour and shimmer combo can be intense.

Mac Paint Pot, Painterly - $9.90
I use this every single day.  I wouldn't bother with shadow without my primer, worth the price, especially with the discount my friend gets me.

Wet n Wild, Vanity Palette - $4.50
I actually regret this purchase a little, the colours are great and super pigmented but almost all of them are duplicates to shadows I already own.  I guess that's why I was attracted to it.  I do use the highlighter shadow everyday though, it serves it's purpose very well.

MAC Eyeshadows x 3 - $33
I don't use MAC everyday but since it's the most expensive shadow I own I figured it would be a good for pricing.

Maybelline Lasting Drama, Gel Liner in Blackest Black - $11.25
Love this liner, it's intense and awesome.  I wish I had the same in brown but at nearly $12 bucks I've been holding off.

Maybelline The Colossal Volum Express Mascara, Glam Black - $6.99
Very happy with this mascara, gives tons of length and no flaking.

Total = $94.64

It's crazy how fast it all adds up, though the MAC shadows were most of the cost and I only own 5 of them.  It's a price worth remembering next time I go to buy something new.

So how much is your face worth?

1 comments:

AllieMakes! said...

ELF makes a liner that blows MAC's ppot liner and the other drugstore ones, Out Of The Water.... And it's $3! I know SOME Target's sell it.
Great post.