Thursday, December 11, 2014

Emerald Ottoman Take 2

Anyone remember my DIY tufted ottoman? It was green and super cute, for about a week. I had used satin fabric because it was all I could find in the right colour and it turned out to be a terrible choice. It was water marked, didn't hold it's shape and the covered buttons kept popping off. In not very long it looked like this. Notice how the pleats are all messy.

I also just couldn't ever make myself love the square, straight legs. I ended up using a Pinterest image as inspiration and painted them to add interest (surprise, surprise I used gold paint). The fabric is a much better colour and I've been using it for about a month and it looks exactly the same as when I first covered it.

I also added a little more foam and deep tufted the ottoman, it's much closer to what I had initially imagined.

Here's a different view of the legs. I love that they look curvy now even though they're just the same square legs.

I'm obviously not an expert at tufting because it's not perfect but I'm really happy with it. Here are a couple more pictures.

Look how deep those buttons are. I used different types of buttons, paired with a large amount of glue so hopefully they'll remain intact this time.

Pin It