Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stroller Re-cover


This was a project I had thought about doing a while ago and then dismissed it because it seemed too difficult but Michelle really wanted to re-cover her's so I decided to tackle my stroller in preparation.  Her's is a double so it'll be more difficult but I'm now convinced that we'll be just fine.  This project was the main one that encouraged the Great Falls trip with Mom and I was so pleased with the fabric I found and the price I found it at.

I carefully took apart all the pieces of my stroller, cut out new fabric and re-assembled using the original seam binding.  It looks so much better!

Here's the before and then a bunch of after shots.

6 comments:

Cathy West said...

That is so cute. However, i am a little sad that I didn't get the credit for that awesome fabric. (which is still only okay)

Sharon said...

Ok--this is one of the most impressive projects EVER!! Though I really want to see HOW you did it. Did you take any pics as you were sewing it up? NICELY DONE LAURA!!!

Laura said...

Sorry, no pictures as I was sewing it. We can do that when Michelle and I cover hers.

Judy said...

Super cute! I love your fabric choice and love how it turned out! I may have to try this with our cheap umbrella stroller!

Dallas Pritchett said...

Are you selling it or can you make another cover like it and how much would you ask for i have a stroller cover for a girl but I am having a boy please message me back privately so that we can talk I'm really interested and willing to pay

Dallas Pritchett said...

Are you selling it or can you make another cover like it and how much would you ask for i have a stroller cover for a girl but I am having a boy please message me back privately so that we can talk I'm really interested and willing to pay