I realized the other day that I hadn't ever posted pictures of the Quiet book when it was all bound together so I figured it was time to do that. I decided it was also time to fix the first binding. I'd used button holes like I had planned and since I was so terrible at them I had my sister-in-law make me some. They were lovely and I thought they were exactly what I wanted until I put my binder rings in and I was really unsatisfied. I just didn't like the way it looked. I thought about it for a while and finally decided that grommets was the way to go so I picked some up at Walmart. The reason I'd settled on button holes was because I didn't want to pay for the grommets but they were well worth the $6 (I had to buy the tool as well).
In my recent crafts I've used both pound on snaps and now grommets and I've decided that anything that uses a hammer and a special little tool adds such a finished look to the product. I've been so satisfied with both projects and I think they look a lot more professional because of the snaps/grommets. I'm now starting to look around for more projects they can be used on. The only thing that would have made the grommets more successful was being patient enough to wait for a day that didn't have severe wind warnings. Twice I had to chase after pieces and I think my cow finger puppet was a casualty. It can be remade though and it feels great to have it completed.
In case you didn't catch the first round of the quiet book I've linked back to those posts you can see the each page.
The cover - I love this fabric
Here are the links to all the pages I've made
Page 1&2 - the Tree & the Bee
Page 3&4 - the Goldfish and the Button on Letters
Page 5&6 - The Barn and Dress up Catie
Page 7&8 - the Tent and Red Light/Green Light
Page 9&10 - the Mailbox and the Dress