Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Quiet Book, Page 1 & 2

Part of the reason I've been so neglectful of the blog lately has been because I've been making a Quiet book for Catie.  I'm really thrilled with how it's turned out and it's finally close enough to done that I thought I'd post pictures.  I haven't sewn any of the pages together yet but unless I have any other page ideas then I'm declaring this book done.

Most of my ideas I've taken from Jill who made an amazing book for her son.  I loved just about everything she did though I wanted some of the pages to be a little more girly since the book is for a girl.  I thought I'd post a new page layout a day so you can see them all.

I hope you enjoy.

I love these pages so much, her way of cutting out and sewing all the leaves onto the tree makes it look adorable.  I added the apples that snap into the tree and a basket to slip them in and Catie loves pulling them off.  This is probably her favourite page. 

The flowers have this cute bee that zips up and down (Catie says bzzz, bzzz). 

I embroidered the words, "Good Morning" and "How Do You Do?"  on the two pages.  By now the song In the Leafy Treetops should be running through your head because that's where they're from.  I'm calling page 1 and 2 a complete success.
L

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... what a lot of detail. Looks awesome Laura! I want to make one too! Yay, projects!

Jenn said...

So cute! I always wanted to do a quiet book for my boys, and never did, and now they're all too old.

milissa said...

i wish my boys would stay quiet with a any book. Yours may be the trick. it is amazing! Great job laura!!

Janine said...

Wow, Laura, it looks incredible!

jewelmoda said...

Thanks for your sharing.
I love it so much.


Wanicha