It started like this, very navy, quilted and ruffled. There was a ton of fabric and teddy bears everywhere.
I made a satin mattress cover, I've heard it helps with babies bald spots and it makes the entire thing look luxurious.
This also happens to be the project that was more frustrating than any other. I took the original cover apart and used it as a pattern for the new pieces. I got them all put back together and then tried to put it on the frame only to find that it was way too small. My pieces were exactly the same size as the original, the original wasn't stretchy or cut on the bias but somehow mine still wouldn't fit. I ended up having to replace some of my pieces and add about 5 inches. I don't understand why the difference but in the end I made it work.
The change is huge, Jody is thrilled with it and it fits perfectly in the baby's room.
Monday - C.R.A.F.T., Making The World Cuter, Polly Want a Crafter, Simpsonized Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, The Girl Creative Tuesday - All Things Related, Creative Itch, Domestically Speaking, Ladybug Blessings, Sassy Sites, Today's Creative Blog, This & That, Topsy Turvy Wednesday - Blue Cricket Design, Me and My Bucket Thursday - A Glimpse Inside, House of Hepworth, It's Sew Stinkin Cute, Somewhat Simple, The Train to Crazy, What Allie's Making Now Friday - Creation Corner, Finding Fabulous, Tatertots & Jello