Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Double Booked

There are a few things I look forward to every summer
Softball
Stampede Breakfasts
Time at the lake
and possibly the most important one, the Global Fest Fireworks competition.

I really love fireworks. I love how the sound is so intense you feel it all through your body, I love the way the colors never cease to amaze. Sitting, on a blanket beside friends and family is my perfect summer activity (well okay, so there may have needed to be some softball earlier to really call it perfect). I had planned to link to previous posts where I'd mentioned fireworks but I discovered that there are 10 different entries, far too many to link too.

Today I made a very sad discovery.

Brad and I made our summer plans in January and we're spending a week out at Shushwap lake in August and we've been really looking forward to it, dreaming about it even. Today I realized that our week at the lake happens to also be the week of the fireworks.

Time will tell if the draw of the fireworks is enough to bring us home early from lake paradise.
L

0 comments: