Monday, July 28, 2008

The End of South Beach

It's such a relief to be finished! To be able to eat fruit and yummy food again. We're really enjoying my Dad's multigrain bread and we celebrated with a nice ripe pineapple.

We're deeming South Beach a total success, we had a couple goals we were hoping to achieve:
1. Learn to be satisfied with smaller portions
2. Eat dessert less often
3. Eat healthier
4. Lose some weight

We feel that we've reached all of them; we often eat less at dinner yet still leave the talbe feeling satisfied. We know we'll need a snack later but as long as it's a healthy snack then there's nothing wrong with that. Cutting out all sugar for two weeks has helped us realize that dessert is not always necessary so we'll cut back on how much we eat.

And the big one, the weight loss… so how much did I lose in two weeks? 12 pounds! I'm pretty excited about that, I did a little better than I expected.

I don't think I'll weigh myself for a bit because I want to carry this 12 pound high and not worry about gaining a couple back (which I'm sure I will).

So my concluding thoughts on South Beach… it's hard. Really hard but definitely worth the sacrifice, especially if we can stick with these healthy habits.
L

0 comments: