Thursday, January 27, 2011

Apple Roll Up

This is a dish that my Mom made the other night.  She said it was delicious and wanted to link up to New Food Friday but she doesn't have a blog.  I said I'd share it with you so here is a yummy apple recipe.

Apple Roll-up
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter or margarine
3/4 cups  milk
4 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
2  cups water
11/2 cups granulated sugar
butter or margarine to dot
cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle

Vanilla ice cream

Measure first 4 ingredients into a bowl.  Cut the butter until crumbly.  Add the milk and mix to form a ball of dough.  Don't mix too much.

Roll out 1/4 inch thick in a rectangle about 9x12 in. in size.
Spread apple over dough.  Roll out from the short end   (I rolled from the long side to make more slices)

Boil water and first amount of sugar in small saucepan slowly for 5 min.  Pour into a 9x12 pan.

Cut roll in 1 1/2 inch thick slices.  Lay slices cut side down in the syrup.

Dot with butter.  Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
Bake at 450 for about 25 min. until apples are tender.  (I found they needed about 10 more min.)

Serve hot with ice cream.  Made 8 rolls.

Doesn't this sound so yummy!  I think I'll have to try them. 
Sadly Mom left her camera in Utah so there's no picture of these.  If you make them you should send me one.

0 comments: