Monday, January 17, 2011

A Look Back at 2010

I realize it's the middle of January but I still haven't posted any resolutions and I enjoyed reading this from last year so I thought I'd update it.

1. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't keep any of my resolutions, shame on me.  I wanted to watch the news daily (which I actually did for probably 6 months).  I also wanted to organize my day better, (I did sort of revise this by not being allowed to craft unless the kitchen was clean, that helped a lot) finish sending out thank you cards from Catie's baby shower (sorry, they're not coming) and become a Photoshop pro.  I didn't do one thing that make that happen.

I have set a few goals for this year, I'm going to roll-over the news one and do that again because I think it's important to be informed.  I also am setting a goal to sew in a zipper this year.  It's something that intimidates me but I feel ready to tackle it.  I also want to have less to apologize for this year.  You know those small situations where you look back and think how much better you could have handled things?  I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to snap at my husband for no reason or treat people less than they deserve so I'm going to work on that.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Surprisingly, I don't think anyone did.  I do have a pregnant sister, cousin and 3 sister-in-laws though so this year will be a busy one.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
 Two of my cousins husbands died and my Aunts husband.  I wasn't terribly close to any of them but all of them were sad.

4. What countries did you visit?
I went to the USA and that's it.  Not very exciting especially since I only went to Cutbank, Montana.

5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

An income!  Brad finishes school and will hopefully get a job that pays him money.

6. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?


I'm terrible with dates so probably none, but it was nice when we found out the amount of the student loan given to us.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
All of the sewing I've done.  I've done some projects I'm really proud of and I love the way I've been able to improve a talent.

8. What was your biggest failure?
  I tried making this skirt for Catie... it was really bad.  I know a skirt isn't a very large failure over the whole year but it's the only thing I could think of.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No illness, no injury.

10. What was the best thing someone bought you?
  I got a palm sander for Christmas, I'm pretty excited about that one.

11. Where did most of your money go?
Housing and groceries.  And possibly fabric. 

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
3 really's is a lot of excitement, I just can't think of anything that major happening.  I was excited with how my car seat turned out or the great finds I got when Mom and I went to Great Falls but I'm not sure any of those deserve three really's.

13. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Brooklyn, by Wakey!Wakey!


14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I think I'm happier.  Catie is a fun age, Brad did well in school and I developed a new talent.
b) fatter or skinner? I think I'm slighly fatter.  The Christmas season was a delicious one this year.
c) richer or poorer? Richer (if you count the big student loan, poorer if you don't).

15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Letting Catie play with other kids her age
   
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watch TV

17. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I suppose I've fallen deeper in love with Brad and Catie.

18. What was your favourite TV program?
Lost. 6 seasons in 6 weeks, good show.  We also really like to watch Love It or List It.

19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Thankfully, no

20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mindy Gledhill

21. What was your favourite film of this year?

Lost and Found (short)

It's a 28 minutes kids movie that is perhaps the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I've seen it three times and wish everyone could watch it.


22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I can't actually remember what I did on my birthday... I think Brad made me dinner though and we hung out which sounds perfect.  I was 29.


23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I feel like I had everything I could have wanted.  Having to drive less would have been nice though, being even closer to family would have added a lot to the year.  

24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Comfortable.  This year included lots of pajamas.

25. What kept you sane?
Sewing

26. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I can't say I follow any celebrity's.    

27. Who do you miss?

  Calgary family.  We're really ready to be back there.

28. Who was the best new person you met?
Kylie

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?

Just be nice to everyone, all the time.

0 comments: