Thursday, January 25, 2007

5 Things

At break today Kim was telling me about an episode of Oprah she watched last night.It was about marriage and making it work. They had some couples on who loved each other, and wanted to be married but their marriage wasn’t working very well. They were trying to identify things they could do to make it better.

Oprah had them come up with 5 adjectives to describe their relationship. Most of them said things like, boring or tiring. Not good words. I think it’s an interesting thought though... I may not be married but I’ve made a list, 5 adjectives to describe my current relationship.
  • Exciting
  • Fun
  • Comfortable
  • Surprising
  • Caring
Feel free to add your own list :)
L

4 comments:

Chris said...

I think that the bigger issue is that you need to remind yourself of words such as the list that you made, to realize why you are married in the first place. You need to create an environment where those words floorish as opposed to slowly disapear.

Here are my current words:

Understanding
Patient
Laughter
Thoughtful
Love

Mrs. Solomon said...

Not only the good things are there, it's the bad things too, but that's what makes the relationship work. It's a neat process actually. I am a newly wed by the way, september of '06, I"m still in that newlywed stage, but I know that it also takes work to keep a marriage alive and running.

~Laughing
~Caring
~Worrying
~Communicating *that's the big one*
~Trust

Mitz said...

Mine would be something like this:

Commitment
Laughter
Loyalty
Passion
Fun

Brad said...

Trusting
Unexpected
Exhilarating
High-Class
Communicative

These 5 adjective could just as easily be applied to you as to our relationship.