Tuesday, January 9, 2007

My Turkish Lover

I'm blowdrying my hair on Sunday, listening to music when someone requests to add me to their msn. I figure I'm fine with this.
So the conversation opens with the usual, "How are you?" I try to be polilte while I figure out who I'm talking to but it's not long before I fess up to the fact that I have no clue who it is.

So it's Nail. From Turkey. Am I familiar with his Country? With Turkey? Yeah, I know his country. He's from Instanbul.
Come on, I'm supposed to take that seriously? So I'm sure this is just one of my friends being goofy.

Doesn't help when he asks, "You married?"

"No, I'm not married"

"I'm sorry"
"For bad english"

So by now I'm really confused. Nail asks if I have a different msn picture. I play along and say sure. Apparantly the new picture is "Very Wonderful"

Nail tries to have a web chat with me. As previously mentioned I'm in the middle of blowdrying my hair so I decline but open his anyway thinking this is a great way to finally figure out who this is. Get this... It's actually Nail, from Istanbul!! Apparantly he got my msn address from MSN Live Spaces.
He tries to start my web cam again, and again I decline. He asks why, so I tell him I'm doing my hair. He asks when? I tell him probably never, I'm not really an online dater. So Nail and I say our goodbyes and I figure that's the last of him. I have every intention of removing him from my msn list (he was a little creepy) but in the rush to get to church on time I forgot.

So Monday comes and I'm back at work, talking to Amber on msn when who should start talking to me but NAIL!
I try to be polite but he's actually pretty creepy. So I block and remove him from my msn list like I meant to on Sunday. But wait! Nail will not be removed! Somehow he still manages to talk to me. He asks something like, do I want to be friends with him. Amber advised me to tell him I'd like to be friends as badly as I want to gouge out my eyes... I attempt to water down that response to politely get rid of him but since he's blocked I can't respond... but how can he talk to me? So odd, stupid ebuddy. He comes to the right conclusion after I don't respond and I think I'm rid of him now. He's actually blocked and removed now.

Maybe one day I'll look back and regret that I gave up the opportunity to have a Turkish husband, maybe Nail was the one.
I'll take my chances, I prefer my men creep free
L

4 comments:

Mitz said...

Ooooh! I like the new blog. Welcome to Blogger, I am sure you will be very happy here.

Laura said...

Yay! My very first Blogger comment!
I'm ridiculously pleased with this new site ;)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and am very happy you got rid of your Turkish boyfriend. As your aunt, I think I will have to follow this blog and occasionally give advice - can you believe it - two mothers now!

Unknown said...

As someone who is not your Turkish lover, I am very disappointed with your actions. If we can't allow complete strangers from the other side of the planet into our most personal intimate moments, then what's the point? "You no turn on webcam", "I no turn on webcam", and soon enough there's rioting in the streets, dogs and cats are living together, and we're all gathered around a burning christmas tree wondering "Why can't we all just get along?". I blame you, Ms. West, and perhaps also your pesto... Although I've heard the pesto is tasty (and perhaps zesty?) so it can't be completely responsible for the downfall of society, can it?