Friday, February 26, 2010

Before and After

 
I've been growing this hair for a very long time, almost two years now.  Growing it not because I love long hair but because I didn't want to pay for a hair cut.  I've have my Mom trim the ends here and there but that was it.  I often longed for an actual style but was content to keep it going for a while longer. 

There have been many times that I've raved about my Mom here and today is no exception, she facilitated a brand new hair cut from a fancy salon.  I was thrilled and new exactly what I wanted.  Allow me to describe to you, as described to my hair cutter, I think his name was Jon.

I said I wanted to cut off about 5 inches, (I indicated with my finger a spot that was just below my shoulders
I told him I wanted the ends to be really textured and choppy.  He said he recommended that we taper the back so it wasn't a blunt cut and I agreed saying that was fine as long as the back wasn't crazy short.  I also told him I wanted some really long layers around my face.  

You probably have a picture in your mind that is nothing like what I came out with.  I'm not sure how he got from my description to where he ended.
In his defence I do think it's a really beautiful cut it's just not anything that I was looking for and I don't think it suits me.  I guess the growing out starts now.  It is possible that given some time and my own styling it'll grow on me but for now I'm unsatisfied.

I realize it's a dark picture but it's the best you get.

And a back view

0 comments: