My first high chair re-cover was difficult. It was awkward and not easy but the result was beautiful so I happily tackled my Mother-in-law's high chair anyway, the one that Catie uses daily. Turns out that everything that made the last high chair difficult wasn't present in this chair so it went really smoothly. For the last chair I used a vinyl fabric, wipe able but a serious pain to work with since you can't use pins and it doesn't feed through a sewing machine easily. It also used a really thick piping that was horrible to put in and broke a bunch of my needles, this chair had some cute pleating instead and we went with a simple cotton that can easily be thrown in the washing machine. It was easy and awesome, perfect.
Like every other re-cover I took the old seat apart and used it as a pattern for my new pieces. I put them back together re-using the backing fabric, the batting and the binding. This high chair does have straps but we never use them anymore so they're always tucked under the fabric.
Another finished shot. The flowery fabric was the first I saw as I walked into the store and I loved it instantly.
And proof that Catie approves, she climbed up to check it out (yes, those are pajamas and yellow rain boots).
Linking To Monday - C.R.A.F.T., Making The World Cuter, Polly Want a Crafter, Simpsonized Crafts, Sugar Bee Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, The Girl Creative Tuesday - All Things Related, Creative Itch, Domestically Speaking, It's Sew for You, Ladybug Blessings, Sassy Sites, Today's Creative Blog, This & That, Topsy Turvy Wednesday - Blue Cricket Design, Me and My Bucket Thursday - A Glimpse Inside, House of Hepworth, It's Sew Stinkin Cute, Lemon Tree Creations, Somewhat Simple, The Train to Crazy, What Allie's Making Now Friday - Creation Corner, Finding Fabulous, Tatertots & Jello, The CrEaTiVe CraTe