Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
The back cover looks the same as the front.
There it is, a Noah's Ark quiet book. I shipped it off, hopefully she'll actually get it before Christmas.
If you want to see the rest of my Quiet Book pages then take a look here.
Thursday, November 24, 2011
She recently did a series for CBC with an orchestra and performed some of the songs from the new album, this was my favourite.
Land & Sea would make a great Christmas present so listen to these songs, be inspired and then purchase the album. There are tons of her songs on youtube so if you need more convincing check some of them out.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
Send me an email and I'll give you instructions on how to download the software.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
A do have a video to add but it's not from this past week, it's from when I was in Utah. Grandma taught her the crocodile song and she loves it.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
So I promised two full weeks of posts and already I've run out. I have some good stuff coming I've just been so lazy doing a little here and a little there so nothing actually gets finished. A promise is a promise though so how about a little about me. I saw this getting to know you on A Girl and A Glue Gun and it'll have to do for today.
- 1. Be Rich or Famous? Rich. I'm not the type who likes to be the center of attention but I sure would like to shop and vacation and give amazing gifts to friends, definitely rich.
- Have an amazing Shoe collection or an amazing Makeup collection? Makeup. Nothing makes me feel more fat than shoe shopping. I have very large feet and shoes never fit so I put it off as long as possible. I also tend to buy shoes that end up being painful, I'm really terrible at shoe shopping. I love make-up though and I love to add new products to my Make-up Board.
- Be able to Sing or be able to Dance? I know it's cheating but I'd really love to do both. I watch So You Think You Can Dance and it's inspiring and I'd love to be able to do that but I have two left feet. I really love to sing and in my imagination I'm amazing, in real life I'm barely average but it's something I'd love to be better at.
- Receive a bouquet of Flowers or a box of Chocolates? Normally I'd jump at chocolates because they're way better than flowers but since I'm trying to lose weight I'd go with flowers. I do love getting flowers.
- Go without Brushing your teeth for a year or go without Washing your hair for a year? I recently had a conversation with my brother-in-law about an article he read that stated that washing your hair was unnecessary and without any added product it will take care of itself. The oils will eventually regulate and it won't be gross but your teeth will not do the same thing so I'll brush my teeth every day thanks.
- Drink Coffee or Tea? Neither. I can't bear to drink my calories. I have very few allotted to me these days and a hundred here or there is a big deal, I'll stick to water thanks.
- Converse or Stilettos? Converse but if I was shorter and skinnier I'd rock the heels.
- Be a Fairy or a Mermaid? Easy, mermaid. I've always loved to swim. In the summer when I was younger I'd go to the pool multiple times a day. My exercise of choice is swimming laps and I could spend hours in the water. It's the only form of sports I've ever excelled at and to be able to spend hours underwater would be a dream.
- Have your dream House or your dream Car? House. I spend a whole lot more time in my house than I do my car.
- Ask or Answer? Answer. I'm not the type that makes friends really quickly, I don't get how others do it so when I'm in a situation where I'm a little uncomfortable I tend to talk about myself a lot, it's easier.
- Laugh or Smile? I guess smile? This is a strange one, how do you laugh without smiling?
- Would you rather skip Christmas or skip your Birthday? Birthday. Your birthday is just one day but Christmas seems to be the whole month with friends and family. If birthdays were no more though I'd need to start having Christmas Cake, I really like cake.
- See a movie at the Theater or at Home? Depends on the type of movie. If it's a comedy or love story then I can watch it at home and be far more comfortable but if it's a big action movie I like the big screen and the big sound. I also have a serious love of theater popcorn and could eat a shameful amount.
- Spend or Save? That's a tough one too, I think I'm pretty good at saving and living within our means but I love to shop and buy treats. If I had the money I'd definitely be a spender but right now we're in save mode.
- Have a picnic at the Park or on the Beach? Here's something you probably didn't know about me, I really dislike eating outside. There's the bugs to deal with and there's wind that blows the hair into the food and the napkins off the table. A picnic is slightly better because of the family experience but not much. That said I'd choose a picnic table, tall trees and grass over hot sun, towels, beach chairs and sand.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Guys, the craziest thing happened. Someone contacted me and wanted to do a sponsored giveaway.
It's a company called MyMemoriesSuite and they're all about digital scrapbooking. Here's the downside though, I've never been into digital scrapbooking and I just couldn't see myself doing this program justice. I didn't want to turn down such a fun opportunity though and it didn't take me very long to think of my friend JaCobi who happens to love digital scrapbooking. I asked her if she was interested in guest posting and she immediately said yes.
MyMemoriesSuite provided me with a copy of their software which I passed on to JaCobi for her to play with. So without further ado, here's JaCobi and her review (make sure you read to the very bottom where there's a treat for you).
Hi there!! I'm JaCobi and I blog over at Changed For Good. I'm super excited to be visiting here at Laura Thoughts today and sharing my digital craftyness with you! As some of you may know, I've been into digital scrapbooking for a few years now. I started by downloading the GIMP (an image manipulation software) and then teaching myself how to use it to scrapbook. This was not an easy task, as this software is not very user friendly. But I learned to do what I needed to and have made a ton of scrapbook pages and some other crafty stuff with it. But, recently I got a new digital scrapbooking software! I was so excited to get MyMemorySuite and to try it out! The first thing I noticed is how user friendly it is! It has a convenient side bar menu that makes it quick and easy to add or change anything to your page, whether you want a background paper, a photo, embellishments, or text!
- You can print at home or export to JPEG, which I usually do to post my projects on my blog or facebook, or to have them printed at Costco or Walmart.
- There is a Professional Printing option. You can upload your album right from the program to the MyMemory website to have it printed and bound as a book or calendar.
- And then there are the Multimedia Output options. You can save your album as an Interactive Album, Movie, I-Pod Ready or DVD-Video files.
- you can just drag and drop photos into photo boxes
- you can rotate text or set it around a circle or square
- you can quickly and easily add a mat or shadow to any photo or element
- change the color of any element
- use page templates from other sources (the program has it's own, but I can't figure out how to use ones that I already have)
- how to change the size of the grid to help line things up more precisely
|Created with a kit by Connie Prince|
|Created with a kit by Captivated Visions|
Thanks JaCobi, now the fun part for you. Not only did My Memories Suite give JaCobi a copy of their software but they want to give one to a lucky reader. All you need to do to enter the giveaway is visit MyMemoriesSuite website and then leave me a comment telling me about your favourite product. Whether it be a scrapbook kit, a template or a theme, doesn't matter just tell me something you love. I'll give you a second entry if you go to JaCobi's site and tell her how awesome she is (you'll need to comment here telling me you've done so). I'll run the giveaway for a week and then pick a random winner.
Because they're so awesome they've also given me a discount code to pass on to you. This code will get you $10 of the price of the software ($40) or $10 to the store. Just copy this code, STMMMS87059, and paste it at checkout.