Saturday, May 9, 2009

Memories of Jennifer

In celebration of my sister's birthday I thought I would pay tribute to her via blog…

A few memories

  • Jell-O Popcorn (lime was always a favorite flavour)
  • Listening to Chicago on the road trips down to Idaho
  • We used to share a room and tickle each others back. I would always fall asleep and she'd have to wake me up so I could continue.
  • Cream Puffs
  • Pickles… occasionally we'd have pickles with dinner and together the two of us could polish off a jar
  • Playing ducks and geese in the snow in the backyard
  • When the neighbor kept stealing my bike she came up with the great idea to tie it to the tree
She's creative, smart, amazing with her kids, and a great writer.
She has a fun sense of humor and I'm sad she doesn't live closer, I wish we got to spend more time together and that we knew each other better as adults. She could teach me to make yummy re-fried beans and those bread bowls she makes and could answer all of my baby questions. I'd take her cupcakes and insist she play on our softball team.

Happy Birthday Jenn, I miss you!
L

3 comments:

chefjama said...

I'd completely forgotten about the Jell-O popcorn. I haven't had that in years!
Give Jenn a big hug and kiss for me, I'm sure you'll see her long before I do.

Jenn said...

Thanks, Laura, I loved this. I wish we lived closer, too, it makes me really sad sometimes. I'd forgotten about the bike--which neighbor kept stealing it?

Unknown said...

I always remember your mom saying that Jenn was her best mothers day present.