Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Music Q&A

Stolen from Denise
  1. What song do you sing in the shower?
    I've never been a shower singer. When I lived at the Rosehill house we used to hear the boys next door singing in the shower, I always got a chuckle out of that.
  2. What's your best karaoke number?
    I don't think I've ever done Karaoke. I hate being the centre of attention so I'm always pretty quick to turn down the mike.
  3. Favorite Christmas/Holiday song?
    I LOVE Christmas music, I start listening to it early and continue far past Christmas. My favorites are almost all done by MOTAB, I especially love their O Come All Ye Faithful and they have a Christmas Processional with handbells that I repeat often.
  4. Best song for getting psyched up?
    Some by a girly pop group, like Untouched by the Veronicas or My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson. I realize they're not great lyrically but sometimes I can't get enough.
  5. Best melancholy, rainy day mood song?
    It Looks Like Rain – Jann Arden
  6. What song did/will you dance to at your wedding?
    "The Sun and the Moon" – Mae. That song has stuck with us so much that we're giving our little girl the middle name Mae. The Lyrics were just so appropriate for us…
    "I can not say that I was ready for this.
    But, when worlds collide,
    And all that I have is all that I want.
    The words seem to flow
    And the thoughts they keep running.
    And all that I have is yours.
    All that I am is yours."
  7. Best breakup song?
    Already Gone – Kelly Clarkson
    Lost - Anouk
  8. What song takes you back to High School?
    Kiss From a Rose – Seal. I can't tell you how much I hate this song. The Lethbridge station, The River, would play it all summer and it reminds me of working at the hot, smelly lunch counter in the Trading Company and it makes me feel gross all over.
  9. Do you sing a certain song to your kids?
    My Mom has the best memory for kids songs and will need to teach them to me because I'm not sure I know any of those fun songs. I do want to sing Primary songs to my kids because I think it's so cute when the Sunbeams can sing along. You've got to start early though.
  10. What song makes you cry?
    I'm embarrassed to admit that there are a plethora of songs that have made me cry. If I'm into the song enough then I'll start to tear up. Usually first dance songs at weddings make me cry though, they're always so loving and sweet and the bride and groom can't get enough of each other. I like weddings.
  11. What song do you want played at your funeral?
    Goodnight Trouble – Sarah Slean
  12. What song do you wish would start playing when you walked in a room?
    Today – Joshua Radin (if Brad's in the room)
  13. What's a song you know every word to by heart?
    There are lots but I remember I was really proud of myself when I learned the words to Garth Brooks, Ain't Goin' Down (Till the Sun Comes Up). I always wished I knew all the words to Vanilla Ice, Ice Ice Baby. I was pretty sure it meant you were cool if you knew all those words.
  14. What was the first 8-track/cassette tape/CD that you owned?
    I'm sure it was some church tape/CD, I used to listen to those a lot. The first non-religious music I remember is Celine Dion.
  15. What's your work-out jam?
    Work out… ha! I did go through a phase last summer where I started to jog occasionally (it didn't last long) but my music choice was always the same, The Veronicas. It'll definitely get you going in the morning.
  16. Best road trip song/album?
    Chicago – Best of CD. There were many road trips taken to that soundtrack. It will always remind me of trips to Idaho and my sister Jennifer.
  17. Ever had a song dedicated to you?
    It seems like along the way there must have been at least one but I can't think of any.
  18. What song gets stuck in your head that you can't stand?
    Any really over-played radio song
  19. Favorite classical piece?
    I love Yo Yo Ma, Especially when he plays Prelude #5 by Chopin
  20. No. 1 favorite artist?
    Jimmy Eat World, although Sarah Slean is making her way up there on the list
  21. No. 1 favorite album?
    Futures or Clarity by Jimmy
  22. No. 1 favorite song?
    That changes often and there are way too many to list but I never fail to be amazed by how much I love the song Kill, by Jimmy.
  23. What's the last song you listened to?
    There was something playing on the radio in the car this morning but I think that hardly counts. I was listening to Kelly Clarkson, I want you, on my bus ride home last night.

So there you have it, a look into my musical tastes
Sorry for the boring post but why should you be entertained when I'm terribly bored :)
L

0 comments: