Friday, May 1, 2009

At Least it's Something...

I have all these real posts in my head and I was ready to write them when work suddenly took a surprisingly busy turn and there was no time, and now I forgot the camera and there are some photos to post. So until then you get this, stolen from Denise.

1. First thing you wash in the shower?
I think I wash my hair first, that seems like a logical beginning

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?
When Brad and I got married I stole one of his hoodies, it's black and says Finger 11 on it and is old but it's comfy and Brad's and I love it.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
I would and I will

4. Do you plan outfits?
Not at all which sometimes makes things difficult in the morning. Often I'll have to get half dressed in the morning and then eat breakfast while I think about the rest.

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
Tired

6. What’s the closest thing to you that's red?
There's a piece of paper on my desk that has red on it, or an Emergency Procedure paper pinned to my wall but that's it.

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
I dreamed last night that Rachel rented our really great new apartment (fingers crossed) to Camilla and Greg instead of us and as much as I love Camilla and Greg I was not happy about it.

8. Did you meet anybody new today?
No but it's still pretty early in the morning. I am going to a baby shower tonight and there's bound to be a couple people there that I don't know.

9. What are you craving right now?
The cupcakes sitting to my left are pretty tempting. I'm holding out until a little later until others will eat them with me.

10. Do you floss?
I went through this phase where I flossed really regularly and I was so proud of myself, then I went to the Dentist and they told me to floss! I was upset and quit. It never makes a difference to them anyway. – as a little side note, I just read this article talking about how Dentists often make more than Doctors these days but their real money comes from cosmetic dentistry and the market is getting so competitive that they're much less likely to give you a hard time about flossing because they don't want you to change dentists, I'm not sure that's such a bad thing.

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
My Grandma O'Reilly. When I think of cabbage rolls I think of her which doesn't really make sense because I don't think I've ever eaten her cabbage rolls, maybe my Mom tells me they were good?

12. Are you emotional?
You can even believe how emotional. Pregnancy has made it so much worse.

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
I don't know why I would have ever counted to 1,000…

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
I have super sensitive teeth so there's no way I'd bite ice cream, though the left side is much left sensitive so I'm more likely to chew cold things on that side. I secretly have this few that the teeth on my left side will wear out quicker because I chew so much more often on that side.

15. Do you like your hair?
Not particularly. These days my mornings are all about how I can get 10 more minutes in bed and my hair is really suffering. My Mom gave my a hair cut not too long ago and at first I thought it was kind of an awkward length but it actually turned out to be perfect. It's a length that looks really crappy if I don't do anything with it so it's been a good motivator.

16. Do you like yourself?
Most of the time

17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
I'd go out to eat with just about anyone, I LOVE going out to eat.

18. What are you listening to right now?
My boss's conversation with someone but I wasn't actually listening well enough to have a clue what they were talking about

19. Are your parents strict?
Not at all. I was the last of 5 kids so they were pretty lenient with me

20. Would you go skydiving?
No. It's not something that appeals to me at all

21. Do you like cottage cheese?
I don’t mind it in lasagna but that's about it

22. Have you ever met a celebrity?
I sort of met Sarah Slean once… and by met I mean I spoke a few words to her after her concert. That's really it though.

23. Do you rent movies often?
Very seldom, I can't bear to pay the money for them

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?
I'm at work, on a very beige, boring floor. Nothing sparkles here.

25. How many countries have you visited?
Four

26. Have you made a prank phone call?
I hate any sort or pranks, I think they're just an excuse to laugh at people and I don't like it. You know that show that comes on, Just for Laughs? I HATE that show!

27. Ever been on a train?
When I was really little my family rode the train to Golden. The only thing I remember are the sandwiches Grandma brought and that I thought we were going to Silver.

28. Brown or white eggs?
White? I don't really have a preference nor do I know the difference

29.Do you have a cell-phone?
Yes, though I hardly ever use it

30. Do you use Chap Stick?
All the time, I have perpetually chapped lips

31. Do you own a gun?
No way, and there will never be guns in my house. People get hurt by guns.

32. Can you use chopsticks?
Yes but when it gets down to just rice I'm done, it's not worth the effort

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
I'm going to a baby shower so lots of family and women

34. Are you too forgiving?
I would say I'm not forgiving enough, I could certainly forget about things quicker than I do

35. Ever been in love?
Yup

36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow?
Working and I think that's all we have planned

37. Ever have cream puffs?
I love homemade cream puffs though they remind me of Michelle every time who can't eat them anymore because she OD'd on them once.

38. Last time you cried?
All it takes these days is a sappy television show, Grey's Anatomy does it every week

39. What was the last question you asked?
It's boring but I was asking about a report I just finished and when they'd know whether the client chooses us or not

40. Favorite time of the year?
Spring because it's softball season

41. Do you have any tattoos?
I almost got one once, I was drunk on all the fresh from high school freedom and I went as far as going to the tattoo parlour and picking one out. Thank goodness I changed my mind, I just wanted something rebellious so I think I got a second earring instead, I know… I'm so wild.

42. Are you sarcastic?
I love spending time with people who have a really sarcastic sense of humour, I'm occasionally sarcastic but who isn't at times?

43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?
Nah, I thought it looked stupid

44. Ever walked into a wall?
I have a scar on my eyebrow to prove that I did once but I was so little I don't remember. I often don't give myself quit enough room to clear corners and end up walking into desks and stuff.

45. Favorite color?
Green

46. Have you ever slapped someone?
No, but I was always ready in case an opportunity presented itself

47. Is your hair curly?
Only if I work at making it curly, it's a little wavy on it's own

48. What was the last CD you bought?
The last CD I acquired was Carly Rae Jepsen (just to check it out, it's just as cheesy as you would expect) but it's been so long since I actually paid money for music that I can't remember.

49. Do looks matter?
Yes. We'd all like to think they don't but they do.

50. Could you ever forgive a cheater?
No. Every situation is different but I'm going with no for now.

51. Is your phone bill sky high?
Definitely not. I use it so seldom it feels neglected

52. Do you like your life right now?
I like where my life is heading, right now is sort of a waiting period. Waiting for the baby, waiting for Lethbridge, waiting to be finished with work.

53. Do you sleep with the TV on?
No, I am not one of those people who turn on a movie and then fall asleep. I think I could count on one hand the number of times I've fallen asleep in front of the tv.

54. Can you handle the truth?
Yes, it's better to know

55. Do you have good vision?
I've always had good vision but pregnancy has decreased it a little, I'm hoping its temporary

56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?
I probably should admit it but absolutely. There are some work people that I'll be very happy not to deal with anymore once I start mat leave

57. How often do you talk on the phone?
I dislike talking on the phone and often screen calls. I don't like the uncertainty of what the person will say and how cornered you feel. The exception is my Mom, we have really long conversations and I love them.

58. The last person you held hands with?
That seems pretty obvious

59. What are you wearing?
Jeans, a button up shirt and a sweater, love casual Friday's.

60.What is your favorite animal?
Really big cats, Lions, Tigers, Leopards… I'd love a pet one if it wouldn't eat me.

61. Where was your Facebook picture taken at?
Middle Name Pride Day a couple years ago at the Rosehill house. That's why I'm wearing a "Hello my Name is" sticker, it says Michelle.

62. Can you hula-hoop?
Probably not, I used to be able to but I'm not sure that's a talent you keep without practice

63. Do you have a job?
I do but only for 3ish more months

64. What was the most recent thing you bought?
Dinner last night. I was busy preparing or the baby shower so we ordered Chinese food and it was delicious

65. Have you ever crawled through a window?
I don't believe I ever have… I put a mattress though a window once. It wouldn’t fit down the stairs so I used the window instead.

66. Is your hair up?
Not very often, I don't like it up, although these days if it buys me 10 more minutes in bed it's worth it.

67.Is your phone right beside you?
My desk phone is right beside me, my cell phone is in my purse in the drawer to my right

68.Do you have a gf/bf?
No but I have a husband

69.Do you wish you were somewhere else?
Do I ever. I'd take a lovely warm vacation or just the morning home in bed, they both sound more appealing than being here.

Stay tuned for real posts next week, sorry it's been so long.
L

5 comments:

chefjama said...

Hey sis, it's never too late for a tattoo, I haven't though of Grandma's cabbage rolls for years. I used to dream about them, they were so good. I'm going to have to make some on my day off!
Also, warm isn't always what it's cracked up to be. We just hit 47C and it's not even summer. I need to get out of here.

Laura said...

I can quite easily admit that I don't need that much warmth, I'd even be happy for a decent spring here.

Jenn said...

I don't think I ever tried her cabbage rolls, either. We were probably too young to appreciate them. I guess they were legendary.
When I hear 'cabbage' the first thing I think of is Cabbage Patch Kids. :)

Michelle at peek-a-boob said...

Hahaha! I HATE cream puffs! Has Rachael not called you back yet? I know she's going to, I wouldn't worry about it! ;)

Unknown said...

I aslo think that
"I can quite easily admit that I don't need that much warmth, I'd even be happy for a decent spring here."