Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Grass Hoppers

This season of softball has been a little discouraging for me. We've played some teams that weren't very fun, there have been arguments and I've had to find subs often so I wasn't really looking forward to playing yesterday. The weather was gross and I was worried people wouldn't show up on time.

Turns out this game was exactly what I needed. The opposing team was a lot of fun, everyone had a great time and we even ended up winning. I generally don't mind when we lose but I sure enjoy winning.

It's been interesting how quickly my energy level decreases, by the end of the game I'm completely wiped but it's a good kind of exhaustion and I'm glad I'm playing, I'm crossing my fingers I'll make it through the season though.

Hopefully the rest of our games will be as much fun as last night (even if we did get rained on).
L

0 comments: