Saturday, September 11, 2010

One Year Ago

Hard to believe that so much has changed in a year.

This time last year I was in the hospital waiting for little Catherine Mae to make an appearance.  She made her debut at 5:04 am, weighing 8.16 and was 51 cm long. She's completely changed my life in such a wonderful way.  Being her mother is a pleasure and more rewarding than I had imagined.  Below is a very quick summary of her first year milestones.
  • Sleeping through the night at 10 weeks
  • Rolled over at 3 months
  • Solid food at 6 months
  • Finally started to sit on her own at 7 months
  • Walking at 10 months
  • No more formula / bottle at 11 months
  • Has 8 teeth at 1 year

Catie is such a joy, she laughs often and is easy to tickle.  She loves to play peek a boo almost more than anything else and is extremely shy.  She's never more cuddly than when a stranger is around.  She is fascinated by dogs and is excited to see them until they start to bark. She loves to swim and likes all food.  If there are stairs around she'll climb them and she sleeps like a champ.  She's always on the go and would run everywhere if only her little legs could keep up.  She's interested in everything, especially if Mommy likes it.  She finally discovered her voice and she's loud, lots of yelling.  Her teddy bear Mr. Brown is very important to her and she blows raspberries often.  She's the best thing I've ever done and almost always the best part of my day.

2 comments:

Brad said...

I really like the before and after pics of Catie. My favorite post in a long time!

Jenn said...

Awe, little Catie, has it really been a year already? What did we ever do without her?? Even though I never see her, I love her dearly. Such an adorable little girl.

P.S. My word verification one day was "Catie." funny, eh?