Thursday, September 2, 2010

Alarm Clock

Let me tell you about some of the features on my awesome alarm clock.  When you set the time you can either go slow, fast, forward or backward.  So if you miss the right time by two minutes it's no big deal, you just go back two minutes.  It has a flashlight!  It also has a nightlight.  It's a very cool alarm clock.

Let me tell you the downsides of this alarm clock, the flashlight has been broken for longer than it worked, I've had it since I think I was 8 years old but most importantly this awesome alarm clock is broken.  I sort of thought we just had shoddy wiring because it had started to flash often, I just thought the power went out a lot.  Eventually it wouldn't stop flashing no matter how many times you set it, also the minute changed every second.



Brad was thrilled that we no longer needed to use the ugly beast.  If you look close you can see the clear packing tape holding the broken flashlight on.  Not pictured here is the glow in the dark star on the right, I can't even remember when I put it on.


We now have a clock with even cooler features.  Get this, it sets itself!  You plug it in and tell it your time zone and you're good to go.  So if the power goes out it's no big deal, my clock sets itself once it comes back on.  It also tells me the temperature in the room and the time.  My favorite though is that it projects the time onto the ceiling.  Very nice when you wake at 3 am and can barely crack open an eye, look at the ceiling and roll over back to sleep.  It does have one downfall, the face of the clock is crazy bright but we figure we'll just get used to it.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, I can't believe you've had that alarm clock this whole time. I'm pretty sure it lived through two decades.

Mitz said...

I didn't even get that far in your post and I thought to myself, I wonder if it still has that glow in the dark star on it! :)