Friday, January 16, 2009

A Little Personal

This goes along with the Trust post and is a little personal but I thought it worth recording so here goes.

This new phase in our life is a pretty huge one, a baby changes things in an exciting way so I decided this would be a good time for a Priesthood blessing from Brad. Kind of like a going to school blessing but instead this would be a having a baby blessing.

As part of the blessing Brad mentioned that our baby (correction, children) would be healthy. He also mentioned that through trusting the Lord, reaching out to him and listening to the Spirit I would know how to comfort our children and that I would be able to quickly recognize prompting when concerning them.

I've been quite concerned about this baby, not for any justifiable reason but because I think it's too good to be true so it just seems like any day now something bad will happen. Because that's been my attitude I've been having a hard time being very excited, like I'm afraid to let myself be happy about this so I'm not disappointed when something does happen.

This is no way to think and certainly no way to show that I believe in what was said so I've turned over a new leaf. My part of fulfilling the blessing is to not have so many concerns and just know that Heavenly Father is looking out for me and things will be just fine, to get excited; to think about this baby often, to find out what's happening right now with it and to be so excited I can hardly wait to tell people.

March 1st can't come soon enough (the day we decided to tell people), I'm excited to ask my sister questions, she's one of the best Mom's I know so I'm looking forward to drawing on that knowledge.
L

0 comments: