Monday, January 12, 2009

Luck or Strategy

If you know me you know that I love board games or card games and I get addicted really easily. I'll play a new game with friends once and that's it, I'm hooked and must own the game so I can feed my addiction.

I made a discovery this weekend, there is no game I hate more than Sequence. Yet I can't stop thinking about it and wanting to play all the time.

I don't understand how we lost so badly every time, it's a game of mostly chance! Yet somehow Brad and I are really terrible at it and Jane and Ken are awesome. Out of the 4 games I forced us to play we managed to win once, the other 3 we lost pathetically, we weren't even close. It infuriates me to not understand how to be better, how to win more often.

I'll accept tips if you have any.


Jenn said...

Try playing with a 7-year old. You'll win every time since he forgets to pick up a card and ends up playing with only one. But you will hate the game even more because he has to get a drink, go to the bathroom, etc., etc., until you refuse to play the stupid game ever again, with anyone. Now we stick with Candy Land and Hungry Hungry Hippos.