Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tip of the Day

It's a random tip, one I hadn't thought about for 8 or 9 years and then this week I've given it out twice. And it's just so handy and obscure that I thought I'd share for two reasons:
  1. So you'd be impressed with my brilliance; and
  2. So you could use this tip if the need ever arises.

So here it is...

What do you do if someone has written on your dry/erase board with a permanent marker. Or today's slight variation, what happens if someone writes on your fridge with a permanent marker.

The obvious remedies probably come to mind, rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover but I promise nothing works as well as mine.

Take a regular dry/erase marker, scribble over the permanent marker until it's completely covered and then just wipe it all away. You're thinking that silly, it doesn't make sense, the dry/erase will wipe off and the other will stay but you're wrong. They both wipe away cleanly with no elbow grease.

Enjoy, share, marvel.
L

4 comments:

Wes and Amanda said...

Wow, really cool! I will have to keep that in mind.

Michelle said...

I've done it and it's true.

Jenn said...

You really are brilliant.

Michelle said...

seriously it saved the front of my fridge today!!! Thanks a bunch for the fabulous tip