Friday, February 1, 2013

Bathing Babies

Okay, I'm going to tell you something here that most of you mothers probably won't understand... I hate bathing babies.

They're slippery and their baths are so short it's hardly worth it.  Even when they likes baths, like Eden does, the payoff just isn't worth the effort.  Plus both of my tubs are really deep (which is awesome for everything but babies) which means I'm really hunched over and uncomfortable.  Lastly, I usually don't think about a bath until Eden's already dressed, I'm not going to undress her, bathe her and then dress her again, she's wiggly.  All of this means that Eden is seriously under bathed.  Come on though, how dirty do they really get?  I clean her lady parts well, that's the most important part anyway.

So today comes and I really can't remember the last time I gave her a bath, like really can't remember and I hadn't dressed her yet so it was time.  Her hair has grown significantly since the last bath and her post bath hair was definitely chuckle worthy.

4 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

That is so true! I work in a hospital nursery where it is part of my job to bathe babies and I do it A LOT. I'm so afraid of dropping a slippery baby by putting it in a little tub, that I usually do it like a sponge bath in their bed. I do love their little "baby bird hair" after it gets washed and dried. Your daughter is adorable.

Jenn said...

I totally agree, I have always hated bathing my babies, for the same reasons you do.

Julie Lewis said...

I hate giving baths too. I actually schedule in a bath on Saturday so my baby gets bathed once a week. Half the time I forget about it and end up bathing him on Sunday morning which seems to be the only plus to 1:00 church for us.

Debbie said...

I'm agree! I keep planing to do it tonight but end up putting it off until I cant remember the last time. But how dirty is a baby anyways?