Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Brendan's Saucer Chair

I've done more than one of these chairs now so I feel like a bit of an expert, this one only took one nap time and there weren't any snags along the way.  

It was slightly painful for me though, normally I'm getting rid of the commercialized fabric, not adding it.  At least it's a stylized Spider Man and not the classic and my nephew Brendan loved his little chair.


Bad blogger, I forgot to take a before but it looked like this, only in worse condition.


The legs were purple so we spray painted them black and we lucked out with the binding, no one had thought to buy any but Mom happened to have one package of the perfect colour on hand.  I ended with inches left over.


I always make my new covers removable and I do that with snaps so here are a couple pictures of the underside so you can see what I've done.

And one more after of the manly saucer chair.


  Linking To Monday - C.R.A.F.T., Making The World Cuter, Polly Want a Crafter, Simpsonized Crafts, Sugar Bee Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, The Girl Creative   Tuesday - All Things Related, Creative Itch, Domestically Speaking, It's Sew for YouLadybug BlessingsSassy Sites, Today's Creative Blog, This & That, Topsy Turvy    Wednesday - Blue Cricket Design, Me and My Bucket   Thursday - A Glimpse Inside House of Hepworth, It's Sew Stinkin Cute, Lemon Tree Creations Somewhat Simple, The Train to Crazy, What Allie's Making Now   Friday - Creation Corner, Finding Fabulous, Tatertots & Jello, The CrEaTiVe CraTe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this chairs but I can't sit. What to do?
Buy Indian domain

Sherrie said...

This looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing...I bought two of the larger sized round chairs at a yard sale ($1 each), but the cushions were a very dirty ivory, so I took them off and washed them and have been wondering what would be the best thing to do with them--whether reattach the old cushions, dye, etc. I just might recover them completely and I definitely love the snaps idea!