Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Marriage

Today's post is a bit of a space-filler but stay tuned for details on the Lethbridge move that is slowly falling apart.

Marriage
  1. When was your engagement? March 23, 2007 (maybe the 24th). We called all of our family right after and then we got to go to an activity where all of our friends were. It was fun to be able to tell people so quick.
  2. When is your marriage anniversary? June 30, 2007
  3. How long have you known your spouse? 5 years ish? Most of those years I didn't know him well though, we were friends for about a year and a half.
  4. How long did you date before you got engaged? 3 months. I know it's crazy short. I used to hate it when people would say, "When you know, you know". I thought that was hogwash, you can't know you love someone in 3 months. And then I knew and I didn't want to wait. I like to think it helped that we'd been friends for so long.
  5. Where did you meet your spouse? The first time we met was pretty unmemorable for the both of us, it took us a long time to come up with it. I was playing my clarinet in a performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Brad came to sub on the drums for a practice or two until he left on his mission. The meeting left no impression on either of us though. While on his mission I happened to become friends with 3 of his siblings so we naturally ended up in the some of the same places when he got back.
  6. What is your spouses full name? Bradley Earl Wiebe
  7. Do you have any children? Catie Mae is coming in September
  8. How many? Just the one that's still cooking
  9. Do you have any pets? Nope. We're going to be those mean parents that don't let their kids have any pets, we don't like dogs and Brad's allergic to cats. One day maybe we'll let them have goldfish, in a bowl though, no fancy aquariums.
  10. Do you own or rent? We rent though we move at the end of the month and the new place we had lined up just fell through. Hopefully we're not homeless or living with my parents.
  11. Do you live in the country, city/town? City unless we end up at my parents, Magrath is definitely a town.
  12. What is your favourite activity you do together? We love spending time together, it doesn't really matter what we're doing as long as we get to do it together. We do really love going out for dinner though.
  13. Do you have a favourite vacation spot? Brad would definitely say Shushwap Lake but I'd probably say Disneyland or Hawaii. I want to take him to both eventually.
  14. How many siblings do you have including in-laws? Oh man, this is getting complicated. I have 3 brothers and 1 sister, they're all married except one brother. Brad has 1 brother and 4 sisters and they're all married so that gives me a whole lot of in-laws. If you add them all up it totals 17 siblings and in-laws.
  15. What church do you attend? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  16. Is this the church you got married in? We got married in the Cardston Alberta Temple
  17. What town is your current address? Calgary, AB though as I mentioned we're heading down to Lethbridge soon.
  18. Do you work or stay home? I work for another 4 ½ weeks and then I get to go on maternity leave.
  19. Where did you go for your honeymoon? We went to Puerto Vallarta. It was amazing but I don't think we'd go back, next time we'd go to the other side of Mexico, we've heard such great things about it. The beaches are supposed to be way nicer.
  20. Leave a piece of marriage advice: My favorite piece of advice is given on the wedding day, "May be today be the day you love each other the lease." I like that the amount you love each other grows more every day.

Marrying Brad was the best decision I've ever made, I look forward to lots of years of fun together.
L

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Bah!!

We will keep our eyes open down here...

Denise said...

Wait a minute, wait a minute!

One unmarried brother?