Monday, January 25, 2010

Ribbons and Bows

I recently stumbled onto a few crafty websites and there were so many things for little girls.  I feel a little obsessed and want to amass huge amounts of ribbon and cute fabric.

I did choose a couple crafts and completed this bow holder.  I love the way it looks on her wall and her different bows are so easy to find now.  The best part was how affordable it was.  I used paper and ribbon I already owned and bought the frames for $1.50 at the dollar store.


I've also made a flower for her hair that I love.  It's the pink one in the frame to the right, the bottom left corner.  I'm moving on to a quiet book and so far I'm really thrilled with how it's turning out.

I've often heard Mom's talk about how they don't have time for these kinds of crafts and sort of scoffed secretly thinking, "You have one child at home, you have loads of time."  I've since discovered that I was right as long as you want nothing else to get done in your house except the craft and if you want to resent your child for having the nerve to wake up from a nap while you're crafting.  My kitchen was a disaster, there was stuff all over the living room and Catie didn't get as much attention as usual.  I'm now attempting to tone down the project, take it a little slower and be a bit less neglectful.
L

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the holders! Making one for Olivia has been on my "to do" list. I hear what you're saying..it sure it hard to get things done...even if there is only one baby! Imagine having twins??