Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First Food

With 6 months comes the time to introduce solid food.

I've decided to follow a method outlined in the book Baby-led Weaning.  The basic idea of the process is that you skip over purees and cereals and go directly to finger food.  You also let the baby feed themselves, you don't put the food in their mouth.  It you're interested there some great information on the method here.

So far I feel like we've had great success.  We started on Monday with some carrot, chicken and potato.  the only expectations I had was that the three types of food would all make it in her mouth at one point and that was definitely achieved.  She sucked on them and even gummed the food up a bit.  She was much less interested in breakfast the next morning but I feel like things are going just how I hoped they would.  Here's hoping for continued success.
L


1 comments:

Jenn said...

Ooh, I love it! I can't wait to hear about your success so I know it will work for my next baby.