Monday, March 22, 2010

Re-visiting

Jenny just commented on this post and I couldn't remember what it was, having written it in May.  I thought it would be fun to re-post the answers since so much has changed since then.

1. First thing you wash in the shower?
Still my hair.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?
I have a brown zip up hoodie that I got at a Hush Sound concert.  It's really soft and light so it's not too warm.  It's definitely my favorite.  One day Brad discovered how nice it was so we went out and bought him something similar so I didn't have to share.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
You bet, Catie is very kissable.

4. Do you plan outfits?
My wardrobe seems to be shrinking more and more these days as things wear out or are now too small.  It makes getting dressed easier since I only own so many outfits, I still don't plan them though.

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
A little lazy.  Catie is sleeping so I should be showering but I'm doing this instead.

6. What’s the closest thing to you that's red?
There's a screwdriver with a red handle on the computer desk.  It's a handy tool that has been used for many different projects.

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
I have a hard time remembering my dreams.  It was different when I was pregnant but now that I'm not I seldom remember them.

8. Did you meet anybody new today?
I don't meet many new people these days.  I spend a lot of time at home or with people I already know, there aren't many opportunities to meet someone new.

9. What are you craving right now?
A shower and the option to not have do my hair.

10. Do you floss?
I went through this phase where I flossed really regularly and I was so proud of myself, then I went to the Dentist and they told me to floss! I was upset and quit. It never makes a difference to them anyway. – as a little side note, I just read this article talking about how Dentists often make more than Doctors these days but their real money comes from cosmetic dentistry and the market is getting so competitive that they're much less likely to give you a hard time about flossing because they don't want you to change dentists, I'm not sure that's such a bad thing. (I left this answer from last May, it still stands)

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
My Grandma O'Reilly. When I think of cabbage rolls I think of her which doesn't really make sense because I don't think I've ever eaten her cabbage rolls, maybe my Mom tells me they were good? (This one too)

12. Are you emotional?
Yes but things have calmed down since pregnancy.  I would say I'm only slightly above an average person's emotional level.

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
I'm pretty sure I haven't nor do I have the desire too.

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
I definitely lick my ice cream.  I have sensitive teeth so biting is out of the question.

15. Do you like your hair?
My hair and I are friends off.  My wonderful Mom arranged for me to have an amazing hair cut yet the stupid hairdresser messed everything up.  He decided to do what he wanted instead of what I wanted.  The end result is a very high maintenance hair cut.  I'm procrastinating taking care of it right now and I'm wishing we didn't have plans later so I could just leave the fabulous bed head.

16. Do you like yourself?
Just about always

17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
I'd go out to eat with just about anyone, I LOVE going out to eat.

18. What are you listening to right now?
Our very loud dyer and the washing machine.  As usual I'm washing Catie's clothes and Brad got some new jeans that need to shrink a little in the height before he can wear them.  I'm also hoping that Catie isn't crying behind that noise, she should be sleeping.

19. Are your parents strict?
Not at all. I was the last of 5 kids so they were pretty lenient with me

20. Would you go skydiving?
I've never really felt the need to skydive, though this did just remind me of a strange dream last night that had something to do with jumping out of a plane, and parachutes, and I'm pretty sure Dave was in it... odd.

21. Do you like cottage cheese?
My sister-in-law Jolayne gave me an awesome lasagna recipe that has changed my mind about cottage cheese.  I sort of thought it was poor man's ricotta before but now I see the value of it.

22. Have you ever met a celebrity?
I sort of met Sarah Slean once… and by met I mean I spoke a few words to her after her concert. That's really it though. (since May there have been no new developments in the celebrity meeting department)

23. Do you rent movies often?
Almost never.  We all about the box sets so we've started revisiting the ones we already own.

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?
How many sparkly things are there in an average room?  I'm wondering how often people would say yes to this questions.  I guess my wedding ring is in the room, it's sparkly.

25. How many countries have you visited?
Still four.  There hasn't been any traveling since last May.

26. Have you made a prank phone call?
I hate any sort or pranks, I think they're just an excuse to laugh at people and I don't like it. You know that show that comes on, Just for Laughs? I HATE that show! (All still true)

27. Ever been on a train?
When I was really little my family rode the train to Golden. The only thing I remember are the sandwiches Grandma brought and that I thought we were going to Silver. (still my only train ride)

28. Brown or white eggs?
White? I don't really have a preference nor do I know the difference

29.Do you have a cell-phone?
Yes, Brad and I recently got iPhones and I LOVE mine!  I feel like it's changed my life and I look forward to opportunities to use it.

30. Do you use Chap Stick?
All the time, I have perpetually chapped lips

31. Do you own a gun?
No way, and there will never be guns in my house. People get hurt by guns.

32. Can you use chopsticks?
Yes but when it gets down to just rice I'm done, it's not worth the effort

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
Tonight is FHE so we'll be with the Muise's and the Hornburger's.  Possibly the Pierson's too.

34. Are you too forgiving?
I would say I'm not forgiving enough, I could certainly forget about things quicker than I do

35. Ever been in love?
Two times that really mattered.  Brad and Catie.

36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow?
Brad will be at school and Michelle will probably be at home with Rigby.

37. Ever have cream puffs?
I love cream puffs, maybe I'll make them for FHE in two weeks when it's at our house.  They always bring up memories of making them in Magrath with Jenn, Michelle and my Mom.

38. Last time you cried?
We watched the movie Up the other day.  Parts of it were really silly and dorky and unnecessary and parts of it were the sweetest thing I've ever seen.  The beginning and the end made me cry.

39. What was the last question you asked?
Are you ready for a nap?  I do lots of talking to Catie during the day.

40. Favorite time of the year?
Spring because it's softball season

41. Do you have any tattoos?
I almost got one once, I was drunk on all the fresh from high school freedom and I went as far as going to the tattoo parlour and picking one out. Thank goodness I changed my mind, I just wanted something rebellious so I think I got a second earring instead, I know… I'm so wild.

42. Are you sarcastic?
I love spending time with people who have a really sarcastic sense of humour, I'm occasionally sarcastic but who isn't at times?

43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?
I always confuse this movie with some dumb one where they go back in time and accidentally kill a butterfly and it brings about the end of the world.  I haven't seen the Butterfly Effect, the other one was on tv one day.

44. Ever walked into a wall?
I have a scar on my eyebrow to prove that I did once but I was so little I don't remember. I often don't give myself quit enough room to clear corners and end up walking into desks and stuff.

45. Favorite color?
Green

46. Have you ever slapped someone?
No, but I always wondered what it would be like.

47. Is your hair curly?
Only if I work at making it curly, it's a little wavy on it's own

48. What was the last CD you bought?
I just bought an EP by Wakey!Wakey! and it's awesome and everyone should love them.

49. Do looks matter?
Yes. We'd all like to think they don't but they do.

50. Could you ever forgive a cheater?
No. Every situation is different but I'm going with no for now.

51. Is your phone bill sky high?
Higher than we'd like it to be but it's manageable.  I hate how expensive cell phones are in Canada.

52. Do you like your life right now?
I love my life right now.  I love being at home with Catie and school is going well for Brad.  We like our ward, we like our house and our community.  Life is great.

53. Do you sleep with the TV on?
No, I am not one of those people who turn on a movie and then fall asleep. When I was pregnant I wanted a tv in our room so I could spend all sorts of time in bed but that desire has since left and I'm glad we didn't get one.

54. Can you handle the truth?
Yes, it's better to know

55. Do you have good vision?
I've always had good vision, I'm lucky that way.

56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?
I'm not sure I do
57. How often do you talk on the phone?
Not as often as I would like too.  I have this awesome phone so I feel like I should use it all the time.  I do spend lots of time talking to my Mom and Michelle and I talk somewhat often these days.

58. The last person you held hands with?
That seems pretty obvious

59. What are you wearing?
A pajama shirt and Brad's pajama pants since Catie threw up on me this morning.  I told you I'm supposed to be showering.

60.What is your favorite animal?
Really big cats, Lions, Tigers, Leopards… I'd love a pet one if it wouldn't eat me.

61. Where was your Facebook picture taken at?
Our living room.  It's of Catie and as usual I thought she was adorable.  The photo was taken using my iPhone.

62. Can you hula-hoop?
Probably not, I used to be able to but I'm not sure that's a talent you keep without practice

63. Do you have a job?
I'm a full time Mom and loving it.

64. What was the most recent thing you bought?
I just bought some baskets for a microwave cart in our kitchen.  I was trying to organize and baby proof at the same time, we'll see how it works out.

65. Have you ever crawled through a window?
I don't believe I ever have… I put a mattress though a window once. It wouldn’t fit down the stairs so I used the window instead.

66. Is your hair up?
Not ever these days.  It's too short to be pulled up.

67.Is your phone right beside you?
My phone is in the living room on the couch.  Hope no one called me because I wouldn't have heard it over the dryer.

68.Do you have a gf/bf?
No but I have a husband

69.Do you wish you were somewhere else?
I'm generally pretty happy where I am these days.  I wouldn't mind a nice vacation somewhere but that'll come one day.

Hope this hasn't been terribly boring.
L

0 comments: